Wednesday, December 3, 2008

a priest drives by a CVS...

"There's the CVS I go to. They have this delightful little Minute Clinic - you can see a nurse practitioner without an appointment. Very convenient," says Fr. Noah, our priest, as we drive by the CVS near his home after taking him out to dinner this past Saturday night.

"Yes, well, it's both good and bad," says The Fiancé. "The Minute Clinic is also where the thief who stole Bailee's Bride's wallet charged up about $200 in drugs."

"Oh, how horrible!" exclaims Fr. Noah.

Conversation about the mediocrity of thieves ensues.

"You know though, the Minute Clinic is very convenient," Fr. Noah reiterates some time later. "I called my doctor - he's an internist, lovely fellow, very bright, professor at I.U. - in January and asked for an appointment? He couldn't fit me in till March!"

We all agree with the difficulties in obtaining physician's appointments. I think to myself, wow - the doctor turned away his priest? Note to self: don't do that when priest calls for legal help.

"See, the Minute Clinic, you can walk right in. Get your prescription filled and everything." This man clearly loves this place. "When my doctor told me I'd have to wait three months to get an appointment with him, I told him, 'Thank goodness us priests don't require appointments for last rites. Wouldn't that be unfortunate.'" Deadpan.

Did I mention I love this man and can't wait to hear his homily at our wedding?!

Priest: 1 point.
Doctor: zero.

No comments: