Tuesday, January 13, 2009

musing

So I'm feeling a bit ambivalent about this blog lately (in case you couldn't already tell). When it started off and I began receiving comments from literally across the globe, it was a lot of fun. In the blogosphere, however, commenting is a two-way street. In order to receive, you must give. Sadly, I rarely find the time to visit my favorite blogs and comment, thereby inviting others to visit me. The result is circular: no one comments on my blog, and consequently I lose the motivation to continue posting. Frankly, I just like attention. Without it, I'm not terribly inspired to make the time this blog requires.

I'm beginning to realize this was a lovely experiment, but maybe not my piece de resistance. I'd hoped for a forum to display some of my photos as I learn the art of photography. But time and other limitations have severely hampered my picture-taking of late, and I've failed to post much material. I hesitate to post too many details about my wedding, as I want most of it to be a surprise to our guests. And if You're not going to share details about Your wedding, what's the point of a wedding blog?

With that said, I invite your thoughts [...that would be novel on this blog of late!...] Is this little lovely even worth the web space it takes up?

Photo source: My own - taken of seaweed on Singing Beach in Manchester.

5 comments:

ashley said...

awww don't be down! maybe you just don't are going through a rough patch. It's harder to blog when your busy! Maybe you need to do a blog makeover to get you inspired again... Perhaps... if you really want to have your blog as a truly wedding blog, you could start over with a different blog that family/friends definitely wouldn't see, that way you will feel free to capture all your ideas and thoughts for the wedding.

AmyJean {Relentless Bride®} said...

DON'T LEAVE!!! i don't always comment, but i'm always reading all your posts :)

What can i do to make you stay?

RelentlessBride

Anonymous said...

I agree! I LOVE reading your blog! You're such a wonderful writer - so creative, witty, and smart :-) You're definitely in the midst of winter doldrums... don't worry... it'll pass!

Anonymous said...

I agree, too! I admit that I'm a frequent lurker on your blog. We share the same (and quickly approaching) wedding day and I enjoy checking in to see what you are up to! I vote that you start a new wedding blog that friends and family wouldn't see! I also admit that I'm being completely selfish in this request! Please keep writing :)

Anonymous said...

I'm not a bride (and I can't contribute at all in this area), but I do love your blog! I love your writing style and would miss you!