Tuesday, November 25, 2008

bear market or bear blanket?

The Fiancé and I are shopping for a home together right now. We can't decide whether to buy or rent. The irony is how difficult this decision - whether to buy, what to buy, where to buy - has become, when viewed in contrast to the decision to marry each other. The Fiancé actually gets the credit for pointing this out. According to him, "I guess I should feel good that I'm way more torn about whether to buy than whether we should get married."

Ummm.... YEAH... Anyway.

I, for one, am not that perplexed about the real estate decision [I mean, I am, but at the end of the day we'll live with whatever choice we make]. More critical to me, is the decorating decisions that shall follow.

You see, The Fiancé and I don't technically live together yet. We each have a fully furnished apartment. Which means that in no small amount of time, we have to blend. Not just lives, but furniture. And, more frightening to me: We have to agree on a design aesthetic. [What? This doesn't keep You up at night?!] Maybe some people don't worry about this. They. Are not me.

Because, Dear Readers, let's look at the evidence... During the recent election, The Fiancé proclaimed that this was the coolest couch ever:

As if that's not enough, it's important for You to understand one thing about our differing personalities: I, like to update, redecorate, buy new. Often.

The Fiancé? Likes to keep things forever. So, while I may buy a lovely couch and tire of it in 5-7 years, The Fiancé and his beloved taxidermy?! Yeah, we might have that forever. See why I lay awake at night?

4 comments:

AmyJean {Relentless Bride®} said...

Oh dear... (lol)

Anonymous said...

Classic! One of your best posts yet (and there have been many good ones!).

Anonymous said...

"I guess I should feel good that I'm way more torn about whether to buy than whether we should get married." . . . Is "The Fiance" really that inarticulate?

Anonymous said...

Both of them also have an important role to play that day. So, beautiful quinceanera dresses they have to look beautiful in their beautifully prepared dresses. beautiful wedding dress Mother can choose form a sophisticated collection of mother of the bride dresses beautiful wedding dresses