Tuesday, November 18, 2008

ugh!

I used to think they were hideous and could not understand why anyone would trouble to wear them. Then, in a fit of conformity, I tried a pair on. And suddenly, I got it. It had nothing to do with their inelegance. The fact of the matter was, they were the bloodiest damn things I'd ever put on my feet. And thus, my love affair with Uggs began.

I've even gone so far as to buy my mother a pair.

And while I've only bought three pairs for myself, I can't help but dream of a new pair each year, when the temperature dips below thirty [read: right now], and snow flurries flitter through the sky [read: during my walk home last night].

I can count on one hand the number of things I like about Chicago in the winter. One of them, however, is the ability...dare I say, the necessity ... that one wear Uggs. And though I bought a pair last March [end of year sale, my friends], I can't help but want to run out and buy a new pair this weekend... I mean, us Chicagoans should get something for our wind-burned troubles, no?

Besides, the Uggs of today are a far cry from the Uggs of old.... Today's Uggs are actually cute. That picture? Can You believe it... Is the latest pair of Uggs. UGH!

Boot credit: The Raya by Ugg. Mmmm....

2 comments:

AmyJean {Relentless Bride®} said...

I uber heart my uggs. Bought to walk my pup in the snow, and now i just wear them when i need comfy and warm!

Anonymous said...

formal wear we are matchless. The cocktail dresses are perfect for the occasion colorful wedding dresses and suit the need of different strata of the society and various age groups of people. colorful wedding dresses The prom dresses we offer are magnificent and gorgeous that makes you distinct in the crowd. colorful wedding dresses
a