Friday, November 14, 2008

skinny jeans

Something very exciting is happening today, as You read.

I, am wearing my very first pair of Seven jeans, purchased circa 2000. I still remember when I bought them, when it was considered insane to spend over $100 on jeans. My, how times have changed...

They are eight years old, and I love them. And they are roughly two sizes smaller than the Joe's Jeans and the Rock & Republic jeans I've purchased this year [I heart designer jeans...and rather speedily got over my hesitation about their ridiculous price tags...I mean, what object of Your wardrobe do You wear the most?!].

And here's the important note: They fit. Again. They are not snug. They're pretty darn cute actually. Did I mention they are eight years old and two sizes down?

This whole working out thing is fan-friggin-tastic. I love my jeans.


(And, no the picture is not of me, it's of a Nordstrom's model. My butt looks better.)

5 comments:

AmyJean {Relentless Bride®} said...

Congrats! that's awesome! I'm jealous but inspired!

Amanda said...

Nordstrom jeans models don't have butts. It's insulting.

It's weird, despite a closet jammed with designer jeans I always find myself wearing the same pair of American Eagle jeans I bought at a thrift shop years ago. I think I'm just worried about wearing through the expensive ones. That, or I'm just too boring to be fashionable. I'm leaning toward the latter.

Anonymous said...

That is always exciting! Congrats on that!!!

Anonymous said...

It is still insane to pay more than $100 for a pair of jeans. Even if, maybe, possibly, I might have been talked into doing so ONCE in my life.

Anonymous said...

That is so exciting. It reminds me to get working out more. I need to lose some weight before our engagement photos.