Wednesday, October 15, 2008

dress envy

I love my dress. I do.

And no, this entry does not (I repeat: not) include a picture of it. It does, however, include [above] a picture of another dress by my [ahhh...sounds like I own her] dress designer, Vwidon. Vwidon is a delightful little boutique in Chicago recommended by my friend (and future Vwidon-dress-wearer) Kate. When I put on my dress, it was the most comfortable darn thing I'd had on all day (in a long day of trying on torture chambers known as wedding gowns), and I simply did not want to take it off. So I can't wait to put it back on in six months and dance around in it for 12 or so hours. Till then, however, it's just a bolt of fabric somewhere in Vwidon's studio, waiting to be made (to my hopefully shrinking measurements).

In the meantime, I torture myself with pictures of other wedding dresses. Usually I can easily discard them, and note why it is I don't like them. Why my dress is superior. Usually.

Till today.

When I suffered my first bout of "dress envy."

It came upon suddently. On {ritzy bee blog}. And this was the dress:

And this was the beautiful bride it adorned:

And now I wish I could show You a picture of my dress so that You could validate my decision that my dress is superior [for me]. But since I can't [there must be some element of surprise!], I'm left to my own tortured, conflicted thoughts... and suddenly sad [for the first time ever in this wedding planning process] that one of the items on the Wedding To Do List is crossed off... [You see, usually I check things off with glee!] Because what if. What if...

Note to self: Stop looking at dresses. Stop. Looking. At. The. Ritzy Bee Dress.

Repeat to self: I love my dress. I do.

3 comments:

AmyJean {Relentless Bride®} said...

I bet you that if you did post your dress, some other bride out there would dress envy you and your dress. I'm sure you picked an awesome dress that will look amazing on you! you are still allowed to look and admire, but remember the feeling of when you saw yourself in your dress and why you knew it was "the one"@

Mrs. in May said...

this has totally happened to me. I love my dress, when I saw it, I knew, when I tried it on, I knew, my mother knew, the saleswomen knew. However, I was just going through all of my bridal magazines (hundreds) to get rid of some and found so many folded pages and there were at least three that made me question my decision. Its hard but you definitely picked the one for you. And think of it this way- there is already someone in that dress! You don't want to have the same one!!!

Anonymous said...

My friend Carrie wore this dress! It was gorgeous, I have to say - but yours will be just as beautiful, I am sure! I love your blog by the way - wedding reminiscing is fabulous.