Monday, October 13, 2008

fall

...The Fiancé calls Fall "the season of death." Yes. Well. It's not for everyone, I guess.

I, on the other hand, *used to* like Fall.

A couple of things have changed my love of Fall: (1) I moved to Chicago, where Fall is just a precursor to Winter. Which is painfully cold, windy and decidedly unfun. (2) I suffer (seriously) from a decreased love of shopping. The latter, I believe, is directly related to the fact that it's now my own money that must be used to purchase new 'school clothes', as opposed to, oh, say, Mom & Dad's. Given that my affection for the season was largely related to the new clothes purchased in anticipation of falling temps, and the fact that I have zero new clothes this year (ok, well, two shirts and one sweater. Oh, and a pair of shoes... but they don't count...), equals Fall stinks.

Now it's just cold. And I have to wear the same stuff from last year. And, like The Fiancé says, everything is dying. I was reminded of this on our drive down to Indy this weekend, which, granted, was beautiful, but also an unavoidable annoucement that soon the trees would be bare. And frankly, it just made me feel cold. And unstylish.

*long pause followed by deep sigh*

Maybe I will suffer through and go do a little shopping after all. I mean, the economy needs my helpful stimulus, right? I'm doing it for the country.

No comments: