Thursday, October 2, 2008

somewhere over the rainbow


According to Project Wedding, "the colors you choose for your big day reflect your personality and style." Here's what my colors say about me:

Black: A conservative choice, black complements almost any color, especially lighter hues. Dignified and mysterious, black denotes sexiness and sophistication with a modern twist. Black is classic, never trendy, alluding to a modern bride. As an opulent choice, black is timelessly elegant. [Commentary: after reading this, I thought about maybe scraping all my other colors and making everything black. I mean, seriously, I hope to be all these things!]

White: Symbolic of purity and innocence, white has strong connotations of youth and perfection. White aficionados seek excellence and enlightenment, as simplicity and recognition are constant ventures. White is a glorious hue (or lack thereof) that denotes a clean palette or fresh start for those who seek serenity and peace. [Commentary: hmmmm... this basically bears zero resemblance to me whatsoever...note to self: minimize "white" elements of weddding...]

Pink: A softer, girlish choice, pink is the sweeter side of red. A delicate hue, pink represents a sensitive heart that is affectionate and nurturing. The bride surrounded with pink has a maternal grace and compassion and a desire for protection or shelter. The rosy hue fan may also have a strong personality, but one that is willing to share. [Commentary: insomuch as pink will be a very small part of my overall motif (think: a few choice pink flowers through-out, but not like pepto-bismolly or anything, egads!), I think it will be a nice compliment to the stark black and green - just like these attributes are not the defining aspects of who I consider myself to be, but certainly they are important and present...I think. I hope. I'm nurturing and stuff, aren't I, Honey????]

Green: Green shades symbolize life, freshness, nature and fertility. A common choice for eco-friendly brides, green shows that you value your health and the environment. A harmonized and balanced color, green is a mixture of warm yellow and cool blue, just like its admirers. A calming and tranquil hue, brides who select green are affectionate, frank and responsible. You seek stability and balance, yet remain fiercely principled and refined. [Commentary: and Irish. What about Irish? Stupid website forgot IRISH!]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very cool. I like this.