Thursday, October 2, 2008

uhuru! this could be us!


Uhuru!
Originally uploaded by acastellano
...it started as a joke. I don't remember the details, but it had something to do with me talking about hiking Mt. Kilimanjaro, followed by The Fiancé disbelieving me [...not surprising, given my aversion to camping...], followed closely by my public castration of him over Facebook for "Not believing in my DREAM(!) to hike to the top of Mt. Kilimanjaro!"

Anyway, following a recent begging-pleading-crying-for-mercy attempt on my part to ditch this whole wedding fiasco and elope instead [...it happens regularly, don't You all have the same desire now and then...?], The Fiancé declared that not only could we NOT elope [...something about the whole declaring-our-love-in-front-of-everyone is really important to some people, apparently (read: The Fiancé)...], but in fact, he wouldn't even contemplate the idea UNLESS said elopment were to occur in someplace terribly exotic [to us], say, like Mt. Kilimanjaro...

...which led me to thinking [a dangerous endeavor, I tell You]: COULD we get married on Mt. Kilimanjaro?!?

I am hating planning my wedding right now. I just want to fast forward, be married, and skip all this nonsense. A lot of this stems from my general impatience (it's a character flaw). I just don't understand why everything - takes - so - long. Time seems to be at once crawling (will April 2009 EVER get here?), and yet I don't have any time with which to be carefree and fancy free (where have all my weekends gone this fall?!). The road to The Wedding just seems to stretch interminably long right now.

At times [yesterday] when I realize that I just don't care what the Save the Dates look like [well, I do, but not really... No, I don't... Yes, okay, I do... Whatever...], I need to remind myself that being engaged and the planning of The Wedding should be as enjoyable as the day itself...

After all, “Too often we are so preoccupied with the destination, we forget the journey.” (source: unknown)

...Then again, instead of Save the Dates, we could always just send out After-the-Fact Announcements like this picture, that simply say, "We're Hitched!"

Mmmm.... tempting.

No comments: