Wednesday, October 1, 2008

score!


Dear Fiancé,

You may think I don't listen to you, but, turns out, I do [usually.]

[ok, sometimes.]

I know you were scandalized by the thought of a $700+ pair of shoes in our home. And, truth be told, so was I (this is just one of the reasons I'm marrying you...we really are on the same page, see... except when you ask me to go camping). So, even before I saw the look of mortification on your face last night when I told you I'd bid on the Christian Louboutins, I had already discovered...[no peeking if Your name is The Fiancé!]... these ...at a mere fraction of the cost (literally)... and half-off. Half-off!! That just screams "buy me!" So clearly, I'd already ordered them (I mean, I didn't really think I'd luck into Louboutins for $300, and if I did, well, we'd find room for them. Somewhere. On my head if need be].

Anyway, the magical little much-less-expensive green shoes arrived today.

...AND I LOVE THEM! We have a winner! I do believe the green-wedding-shoe-quest has ceased! I actually can't adequately express on a blog how comfortable they are. And how they actually look far better in person than they did on the webpage. [And even if I hate them when I put them on with my dress - who cares! because they are returnable for 365 days at endless shoes - Gawd, I love online shoe shopping...]

This is not to say I won't be tempted to purchase a pair of designer adornments for the rehearsal dinner, but for now, I'm feeling pretty darn smug with the comfort and right-ness of these for the wedding day.

5 comments:

AmyJean {Relentless Bride®} said...

Congrats on the great find for the shoes! Seriously, often our poor feet are neglected and since we only have one pair of feet, it is only right to adorn them with designer outfits once in a while... is it fair to neglect such an important part of our body? I think not... I do think you got them at a steal, and if you do win the bid... like you said, you make room :)

said...

Cute post!

Amanda said...

Good choice! I happen to be a huge fan of V. I was haunted by a pair at The Rack a few months ago and deemed it fate when I finally purchased them. You have immaculate taste.

JennyLee said...

cute post and love the shoes!

Anonymous said...

Thank God I'm not the only one that doesn't have an interest in camping with these boys...there is nothing wrong with wanting a hot shower and a nice, soft bed at night...