Monday, October 27, 2008

things that glitter

I am totally at a loss when it comes to jewels for The Big Day. Without giving too much away, let's just say my dress requires a little bling bling in the sparkly accessory department, so I have been on a quest to find the perfect jewels to compliment it without transforming me into a tranny princess with too many CZs on. In fact, CZs are a definite no no in my book. Which leaves Swarovski crystal or other gems. My mother bought a beautiful Swarovski necklace and earrings for my birthday, to wear on The Big Day. I can't decide, however, if they're The Ones. So the search continues...

Atlanta Bride turned me on to a little site with some unique options... If this were a bit more green and a bit less blue, I might try it... Thoughts?
...and the matching earrings:
What I kind of like about this is (1) the vintage feel; (2) the fact that arguably I could wear them after the wedding too, like, in real life. Then again, do I want to rewear anything from The Big Day?!

4 comments:

AmyJean {Relentless Bride®} said...

I love swarovski... my mom makes jewelry - so i'm lucking out in the beaded and crystals department...they are always in style :)

Amanda said...

I definitely agree, they have a very vintage feel... which I love.

Unknown said...

one or the other... you can't wear the set.. too matchy!

Anonymous said...

so so pretty. i got a swarovski set for my wedding too - i'll send you a link. as for rewearing - i'm dying for places to rewear - it was alot of $$ for one day! but where is appropriate?!