Tuesday, September 23, 2008

ihavealotofclothes


ihavealotofclothes
Originally uploaded by danske
...like, a ton. And the older I get, the less I like 85% of the clothes I own (now, the clothes in the store, THAT is a different story...I love THOSE... which may be what contributed to the percentage of fabric hanging in my home...).

It generally takes me 30 minutes to get ready on a school day... from first stretch to when my keys are locking the door. Today, for reasons unbeknownst to me, it took 65. Sixty-five. Do You know why? Because I stood staring in Closet #1, unhappy with the options. Then I trooped over to Closet #2, and I didn't like anything there. Back and forth. Back and forth. Shirt on. Shirt off. Shirt on. Shirt off.

Have you heard of those people that come to your home and go through your closet and tell you what you should keep, what you should buy, what you should donate, and what should just go straight to the dumpster? I once thought the idea was assinine. I mean, who needs that, right? Till this morning anyway. In my 65 minutes of indecision, The Fiancé managed to (1) do a load of laundry; (2) walk the dog; (3) take out the trash; (4) drop off our dry-cleaning; and (5) take his first conference call of the day. [Now, granted, he only has one mere foot of closet space from which to choose from (as if!), but I suppose that might be my fault, not his].

In that same span of wakefulness, I, managed to take my outfit off and try roughly 4 other ones on.

I have a lot of clothes. It may be time to reevaluate...

1 comment:

cara said...

Oh yes, me too. And I hate almost all of them. The ones I do like (silk dresses mostly) I only wear about once every two years which leaves me in hideous stretchy trousers every day. Thank god I work from home!

(And thank you for your comment on my blog!)